Brooklyn vs. Manhattan

Unlike most college students, I decided to stay up north for spring break and avoid the crowds in Florida. While I can go on and on about my experience getting stuck in a blizzard for spring break, I rather share the good times. So, should you stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan? When I travel, I try to blend in as much as possible and I definitely believe that I accomplished that in Brooklyn.  The last time I stayed in Manhattan, I was in the Tribeca neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, I love Manhattan but I definitely feel like lower Manhattan isn't for people who like to sleep at night. Construction, garbage pickup all at 1am in the morning. The closest subway was a 12 minute walk. Of course there's hotels closer but I was at the CONRAD!!!...It was worth the walk. Brooklyn on the other hand, has a different type of energy. When I looked out the window of my hotel, I saw green spaces between builds and the sun and the sky. Just walking to DUMBO was an experience. The subway was 3 blocks both ways from my hotel and everything from parking the car to restaurants were a little more reasonable. The one thing about Brooklyn in the winter to watch out for is... its DEAD at night. It's pretty dead in Tribeca as well especially if your on the E train late but you'll still see a few people walking around. Its definitely a cool place to stay. So much to do without stepping foot in the city.
Until next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 53 Day Goal

Our trip to Uvita, Costa Rica